ShipGoggles - Find Jobs on Cruise Ships
The Laundry Person is to provide professional laundry and dry cleaning service to guests, crew and departments on board and within the limits of established company policy and procedures.
• Ensures the correct sorting of linens and towels, stain removal and “reject” procedures, washing, drying and folding of laundry.
• Proficient in the use and care of all equipment. Including but not limited to the pressing machines (mangler), towel folders, washing machines, dryers, dry cleaning machines, irons, presses, etc.
• Cleans lint filters on dryers on a regular basis (every 2 hours) or as required and completes log book accordingly.
• Cleans drain filter for washing machine on a regular basis (every 2 hours) or as required.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of work areas and machinery. All machinery to be dusted on a routine basis.
• Responsible for the storing, cleaning and distribution of all linens, towels, table linens, costumes, guest/crew laundry and dry cleaning, includes washing, spot cleaning, dry cleaning, pressing, folding and properly preparing items for return to operations to guest/crew.
• Sorts soiled linen on the basis of linen type, article type, and soil type.
• Ensures all linen and terry are clean and stain-free when returned to the different locations and outlets.
• Assists in the packing and or delivery of linen/towels for Stateroom Steward sections.
• Performs proper washing and dry cleaning procedures in accordance to machine instructions and care requirements.
• Separates torn and stained linen while performing folding procedures.
• Provides assistance to stateroom stewards during turn around day by stripping bed and pillows, removing linen, towels, chinaware, glassware, and garbage from the rooms. Additionally, collecting and removing the bags of soiled linens and towels. Sanitizes the ice bucket, lid, coffee carafe, and coffee filter basket for assigned stateroom sections. Vacuums staterooms and guest corridors.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must perform and meet standards set by USPH and SEMS Rules and Regulations.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.